Arklow Age Action  — GAA Blitz – 2nd October 2018 – Pearses’ Park

The boys entered two teams into the blitz so the first thing we were told was which team we were on. We had a white team and a green team. On the morning of October 2nd we were called to Mr. Brennan’s room to get ready for the blitz. We travelled to Pearses’ Park on the bus with the girls’ team. On arrival at the park we went to the changing room and put on our jerseys. We put on our boots and brought our gum shields with us.  We played matches against the Gaelscoil, Bearna Chlé NS, Brittas Bay and St.John’s. We had mixed results on the day with wins and losses for both teams. Mr. Brennan was happy with everyone’s effort on the day and reminded everyone to attend training regularly and keep up with school work to be sure of a place on the panel at the next blitz.  At the end of the competition we were presented with our medals and everyone that participated was given a medal.  We then went to the changing room to get organised for the trip back to school. We had our lunch in Mr. Brennan’s Class and then returned to our own class rooms at about 2.15pm.  We really enjoyed the blitz and we are looking forward to the next blitz in November.     Report by Eoghan Ward








Arklow Age Action    GAA Blitz – 2nd October 2018 – Pearses’ Park

The first blitz took place on October. First we went to Ms. Brennan’s Room to get organised.  We needed to organise the jerseys and other equipment we needed.  Next we made our way to the bus. It was just a ten minute journey to Pearses’ Park.   When we arrived the bus driver wished us luck as we got off the bus. We put on our boots and left our bags in the changing room.    Our first game was against St. John’s. We won that game. It was a very even match and we had to play well to win it.   Our second game was against Gaelscoil an Inbhir Mhóir. We were ahead at the end of the first half but they got the upper hand in the second half and we lost that one.  Our third game was against Brittas Bay. Again we were successful. We then had to play St. John’s again to see who would qualify for the Cup final. Unfortunately we lost this game by a narrow margin and we were then lined out against Brittas Bay in the Shield final. This game was quite one-sided as our girls really got into their stride and dominated throughout.  We were then presented with our medals. We then made our way to the changing rooms, removed our boots and got back into our school uniforms.   We then travelled the short journey back to school, arriving at about 2.15pm. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and everyone put in a lot of effort. Ms. Brennan was very happy with the girls’ team. We are all looking forward to doing it all again soon!   Report by Nia Devereux